Charleston South Carolina
Charleston South Carolina
Magnolia Plantation & Gardens Workshop/Seminar
Charleston, South Carolina with Denise Ippolito ~ March 19, 20, 21, 22 ~ 2019
$1699.00 / Limit 10/ one spot available
During this workshop my goal is to help you capture compelling images using light, color, effective depth of field, sharpness, creative camera techniques and more. Next I want to introduce you to some fun post processing techniques to turn your images into one of a kind works of art.
During the workshop we will visit the beautiful world famous Magnolia Plantation and Gardens, with all its moss covered trees and blooming azaleas it is a photographer's dream come true. We may also visit the boneyard of skeleton trees on Edisto Island, Old Sheldon Church Ruins, Folly Beach The Ravenel Bridge, Angel Oak and Historic Downtown Charleston to visit Rainbow Row.
First Day- 12:00noon – 2:00pm Meet and Greet and Lecture Series followed by a 3:00pm – 6:00pm- Photo Shoot at one of our many locations.
• The lecture series will be designed specifically for our Charleston area photography workshop. Images will illustrate many of the techniques that will be covered during the in-the-field shooting sessions. There is a lot of information covered during this lecture.
• Choosing the best lenses, tripods & heads, extension tubes, working with natural lighting, using reflectors and diffusers effectively. Camera settings including ISO and shutter speeds, shooting modes and more...
• Composition- controlling depth of field with f-stops, selective focus, choosing your backgrounds, visual weight and its importance, going with the flow of the subject and how to find that flow.
Second Day- 8:00am – 11:00pm ~ Photo Shoot & Afternoon Photoshoot 3:00pm- 6:00pm
• In-the-field hands-on instruction at beautiful Magnolia Gardens. Lots of creative photography techniques will be covered, including; Multiple Exposures, Live View Shooting, Zoom Blurs, HDR, Impressionistic Blurs and more.
• Learn to refine your photographic vision and to compose compelling garden scenes. We will spend time learning about DOF, Selective Focus, Color balance, and much, much, more…
• Exposure and histogram review along with camera settings and tips.
* Break with Lunch on your own.
Third Day- Early Morning Photo Shoot, Classroom Session & Late Afternoon Photo Shoot.
• How to use layers and layer masks to selectively apply all of your Photoshop tweaks.
• Texture Overlays- how to apply them easily and effectively.
• Image enhancement using Nik Color Efex and Photoshop.
• Creative Filtering using a variety of Plug-ins and techniques.
• Image Sharing (participants can share 5 of their images for review or critique.
Fourth Day 7:00am-11:00am ~ Photo shoot at one of the locations listed above.
*Note – All admission tickets are included in the price. All schedule times and itinerary is subject to change depending on local conditions and weather. A detailed information sheet will be sent to you upon sign up. This workshop needs a minimum of 10 participants.
Not Included- all meals, lodging, transportation and personal items.