There are a couple of spots available for my Death Valley Photography Workshop -January 10-14, 2019/ 5 Full Days $1799.00 . Death Valley is a great place to photograph sand dunes and other abstracts as well as colorful sunrise vistas. The weather in January is perfect-not too hot, not too cold. It is one of my favorite locations for creative landscape photography. We will be staying inside the park to maximize our photo opportunities.
Each year, I try to share some of my favorite gift ideas. They are usually things that I have heard about from other photographer’s…
1) Uniglo's Fleece with HEATTECH for fantastic warmth, plus stretch for ease of movement- $19.90 ladies, they come in a wide variety of colors, sizes are true to fit. I ordered 3 mediums and they fit perfectly. They are ultra thin, stretchy and soft. Mens $14.90. Thanks to Karen McCormick for the heads up.
2) MeFOTO GlobeTrotter S Carbon Fiber Travel Tripod. It comes in an assortment of colors-I have black, that is the color they sent me when I asked to try it out. Even though the company sent me one I would have bought it. It is a pefect travel tripod. It holds up to 26 1/2 lbs. and folds up to 15.7" but extends to 61.6". Weight: 3.5 lbs. With a great price point of $249.00, and it comes with its own ballhead (Arca-Type Ball Head with QR Plate)this will be hard to beat. If you are a tall person please check the height.
3) FotoSharp, "PRO" Camera Rain Covers. I've featured these before but they are a great bargain and extremely useful in the field. I have not found a better one to date. I use the 30" (76 cm) "PRO" Camera Rain Cover/see-thru white for my Canon 600mm lens. $49.95. I find that the see-thru white is slightly lighter and more compact. The cover has an elastic cord & cordlock on both ends with a velcro seam that runs from the front to the back- making it is easy to put on after the lens is attached to a gimbal head. Thanks to Lou Newman for this product idea, he lent me one in Alaska.
4) Splash Roll-Up Pants by Kuhl--these pants feature ÜBERKÜHL STRETCH™ fabric. This performance cotton blend dries faster than cotton and stretches for great comfort and freedom of movement. I got them in black and they are true to fit, comfortable, rugged and great for the winter. Thanks to Carolyn Peterson for sharing these with me on a recent workshop.
5) Giottos Rocket Blaster Dust-Removal Tool (Large, Black), no matter where I go I always bring this with me. I have seen so many smaller versions that just DO NOT WORK. Please get the right one when you purchase a rocket blower. It must be powerful enough to actually blow the dust off your lens-if not get a new one. $10.00 at B&H.
6) Que Bottle - Collapsible Water Bottle -Designed for Travel and Outdoor. Food-Grade Silicone/BPA & Plastic Free/Lightweight /Eco-Friendly/ Dishwasher Safe/ Leakproof/ - 20oz. My beautiful daughter shared this with me, for travelling it is perfect. $25.00 comes in a lot of different colors.